ISO 14001:2015 with SPK Global Solutions
ISO 14001:2015 standard is revised to bring synergy between various ISO standards by following a new high level structure Annex SL and will replace ISO 14001:2004.
We provide an authoritative, comprehensive and value added consulting, training and certification services for either new certification with respect to ISO 14001:2015 or helping organizations migrate from ISO 14001:2015 standard.
We provide awareness training, implementation training, internal auditor training, lead auditor training to impart required level of skill, knowledge and competence for the employees on this revised Environment Management System standard.
We also provide a complete set of consulting services to help your organization identify requirements as per ISO 14001:2015 new standard and map the compliance requirements as per ISO 14001 revision to your current processes.
Start your ISO 14001:2015 certification journey with us today in the most effective manner. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with ISO 14001 revision, ISO 14001 up gradation and ISO 14001:2015 certification.
What is ISO 14001 EMS
The ISO 14000 is a family of internationally recognized standards for environmental management systems that is applicable to any business or organization, regardless of size, location or income. These standards are developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which has representation from committees all over the world. The ISO 14000 family includes most notably the ISO 14001 standard, which represents the core set of standards used by organizations for designing and implementing an effective environmental management system. Other standards included in this series are ISO 14015, which gives additional guidelines for a good environmental management system, and more specialized standards dealing with specific aspects of environmental management.
The ISO 14000 environmental management standards exist to help organizations minimize how their operations negatively affect the environment. The major objective of the ISO 14000 series of norms is "to promote more effective and efficient environmental management in organizations and to provide useful and usable tools - ones that are cost effective, system-based, flexible and reflect the best organizations and the best organizational practices available for gathering, interpreting and communicating environmentally relevant information".
It offers a source of guidance for introducing and adopting environmental management systems based on the best universal practices, in the same way that the ISO 9000 series on quality management systems, which is now widely applied, represents a tool for technology transfer of the best available quality management practices. In structure the ISO 14000 series is similar to ISO 9000 quality management and both can be implemented side by side.
ISO 14001 is the principal management system standard which specifies the requirements for the formulation and maintenance of an EMS. There are three fundamental commitments required in an environmental policy that meets the requirements of ISO 14001. These include:
- prevention of pollution
- compliance with legislation
- continual improvement of the EMS
These commitments help drive the improvements in overall environmental performance.
ISO 14001 can be used as a tool; it focuses on controlling your environmental aspects or the way that your activities products and services interact with the environment; for example, emissions to air, land or water. Organisations must describe what they intend to do, adhere to their procedures and record their efforts to demonstrate compliance and improvement. You will set objectives, targets and implement a programme to improve your environmental performance which often leads to financial benefits.
Organisations are required to identify applicable legal, statutory and related requirements. It is particularly important to identify how the legislation affects you so that compliance measures can be adopted and periodically evaluated ensuring requirements are understood by employees and implemented effectively.
ISO 14001 is accompanied by ISO 14015, Environmental Management systems - General Guidelines on principles, systems and support techniques. This standard covers issues such as the establishment, implementation, maintenance and improvement of an MS and discusses the principle issues involved.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015
- Improved environmental performance led by top management commitment
- Cost savings can be achieved through improved efficiencies in energy and water usage and through waste minimisation
- Reduced risk of pollution incidents and other releases to the environment and therefore avoidance of unnecessary clean up costs and/or enforcement action by regulatory bodies
- Compliance with legislation through the identification of new legislation in adequate time to address appropriate issues
- Reduced risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs/prosecution
- Improved brand image as customers will see an organisation that is in control of its impact on the environment
- Improved business focus and communication of environmental issues
- Improved profitability through costs reductions and improved customer satisfaction.
How to achieve ISO 14001:2015 certification - ISO 14001:2015 implementation / Certification steps
SPK Global Solutions. offers a well defined and globally proven implementation methodology for ISO 14001:2015 certification.
- Gap Analysis
- Awareness Training
- Process Identification and definition
- Documentation Design and finalization
- Internal Auditor Training and conduct of internal audit
- Management Review Meeting
- Review of Implementation
- Stage 1 – certification audit
- Stage 2 – certification audit
- Award of ISO 9001 certification
- Continual improvement of the system through value added consulting and training services
What are the requirements of ISO 14001 standard ?
An Environmental Management System requires a documentation system to collect, analyse, register, and retrieve information
An EMS Documentation System should:
- Describe core elements of EMS
- Provide directions to related documents
- Support employee awareness
- Facilitate evaluation of the system and environmental performance
What are Documents? Documents offer guidance or explain actions to be carried out. Documents are materials that provide management directions. Environmental policy, internal standards and operating procedures, Process information, Organization charts and Emergency plans Records are a special kind of document which provide verification of things that have happened. Environmental records include training records, audit results, reviews, monitoring records, waste disposal records, etc. Records must be maintained to demonstrate conformance to EMS requirements.
Some of the documents and records you may be associated with ISO 14001: 2015
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental objectives and targets
- Roles, responsibilities, and authority for EMS
- Communications from external interested parties
- Procedures essential for operational control
- Monitoring and measurement of key operations that have potential significant impacts
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Management review
- Adopts high-level structure and terminology of Annex SL, a unified guideline used for the development of all new ISO standards
- Has been redrafted to increase clarity and accessibility, reducing room for interpretation
- Introduces two new clauses relating to the context of the organization, which require the organization to determine the issues and requirements that can impact on the planning of the quality management system and can be used as an input into the development of the quality management system. These clauses can be found in sections 4.1 and 4.2.
- Makes the adoption of a process approach in the implementation of a quality management system more explicit, by including clause 4.4.2, which specifies the requirements for the adoption of a process approach
- Replaces the term ‘products’ by ‘goods and services’, in order to remove the existing bias towards organizations dealing with physical products. As a result, the new standard will be applicable for organizations of any kind.
- Does not contain a clause with specific requirements for preventive action. ISO motivates this decision by arguing that prevention is the task of the quality management system in its entirety, as opposed to a specific subsection of it.
The overall goal of this revision is to help companies improve their environmental performance and to reduce the burden of management system documentation in the pursuit of more environmentally sustainable practices. It seeks to accomplish this outcome by prescribing an operational framework to protect the environment throughout every level of a company’s operations. It also introduces methods to respond to changing environmental conditions driven by societal and economic needs.
Integrate ISO 14001 with other management system standards
ISO 14001 is designed to be compatible with other management systems standards and specifications, such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 22000, ISO 17025, ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and other ISO standards. They can be integrated seamlessly through Integrated Management system approach. They share many principles so choosing an integrated management system can offer excellent value for money and an easier approach to implement, manage and improve multiple standards simultaneously.
What we offer in the field of ISO 14001 standard and certification
As one of the largest ISO management system certification consulting companies across the world with clients in more than 40 countries, our knowledge and experience of the standards is unsurpassed. We understand how to fully exploit the benefits of your quality management system to ensure you unlock the true potential in your organization.We provide unmatched expertise and technical competence to ensure that your ISO 14001 environment management system certification project adds value to your organization.We provide consulting, training, internal audits, pre assessment audits and facilitation during ISO 14001 certification audit.We offer our global knowledge moulded locally to bring in the best results for our clients and partner their journey of standardization, compliance, growth, success and continual improvements.
Contact us now, to get your organization ISO 14001-2015 certified in the most effective and efficient manner while realizing the true benefits of the certification using our specialized ISO implementation methodology that is less time consuming, fast, easy to understand and implement, result oriented, time bound and cost effective. Get ISO 14001 certified now with us….
Call Us : +91 9490969573, 7893893646
Email Us : email@example.com